If you're interested, here are the changes I've made to the site recently, newest-first, in more detail than you probably care about:
- Reworked travel time: now uses tighter rules and gets estimates directly from Google, instead of loading from my hand-maintained spreadsheet.
- Fixed a bug where editing a film's duration didn't update the ending times of its screenings.
- The film details on the Priorities page and the screening popups on the Schedule now include the page numbers; I've also made them links to the festival site's page for the film.
- If you use the calendar link to add your film schedule to your Google calendar, accented characters will show up properly now.
- On the Assistant page, if you have screenings selected already, you see a question about what to do with them (discard them all, keep certain groups, etc). It's now a dropdown menu instead of radio buttons, and I've reworded it; though it can still be confusing, the preselected choice is almost always the right one (and is also the safest).
- Switched to much prettier flags!
- Finally gave the printed PDF some attention: the film index shows each film's printed-catalog page number.
- Remember how I mentioned that the little "" wasn't showing up to mark selected screenings in the screening popups on the Schedule? I'd made it appear when one of the other screenings was selected, but not when this one was. Fixed.
- Updated all the underpinnings, sped up the server, improved how it's monitored and secured.
- I made a slight tweak to the Scheduling Assistant, to favor press screenings over normal screenings when neither had any conflicting screenings.
- I now keep track of whether a screening was selected automatically by the Scheduling Assistant, or manually by you. When re-running the scheduling Assistant, you have another option to keep your manual screening selections.
- Just noticed that "" wasn't showing up to mark selected screenings on the Priorities page or in the screening popups on the Schedule. Fixed.
- If you view the schedule page on a phone (or other smaller-than-a-tablet device), you'll only see your selected screenings in a single column.
- I also made a few smaller tweaks when displaying on mobile devices; more to come.
- Please let me know if you have other feedback about this site appears on mobile devices!
- Now you can hide the instructions, and the site remembers your choice.
- If you print a web page, it won't waste your ink on the navigation stuff or the instructions -- they won't be printed.
- Rewrote the mechanism I use behind-the-scenes to set up festivals.
- Moved the site to a more-powerful server.
- Updated several third-party software components.
- Found & fixed another case where press screenings where showing up for users who hadn't asked for them
- The screening popup was for the wrong screening sometimes; fixed (thanks, Wally & Gina!)
- Send me mail when someone gives feedback.
- Fix a typo that caused all the settings on the schedule page to get cached (so though the schedule blocks were right, all the stuff pertaining to you -- colors, priorities, & ratings -- were wrong, and selecting & unselecting screenings manually wouldn't work right.
- Compact the banner on the home page; make the call-to-action go to the festival, instead of signup/login.
- Fix a problem where the highest priority choices didn't get saved; thanks Doug, Sandy, and others who reported this, but especially Laura who clued into the idea that it was only the highest-priority ones that went missing!
- Fix error when clicking on screenings of films without a country, like the shorts programs.
- Fix the "Discard all priorities and ratings" and "Unselect all screenings" buttons
- Fix styling of links on the home page (Thanks, Reid!)
- Fix ordering of announcements on the home page
- Add this Change log :-)
- Add a note about the prioritizing problem to the Your Film Priorities page
- Call more attention to the you-need-to-change-your-password note on the signin page
- Initial opening of the new version